Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2011

An unlikely candidate

It's not often that a new snack hits the market and makes such an impression on me. Especially when it's a snack produced by a company that's renown for making bread. It's my Uncle I have to thank for introducing me to Warburton's New Baked Pitta Chips. Some would say I'm a marketer's dream when it comes to food in particular snacks.

Warburton's claim that they contain a third less fat than regular chips which is a bonus for the waistline especially in the lead up to Christmas. However, fat content has never been a attribute to judge a snack on. As a side note, they are offering two bags for £2 at Ocado so grab them quick. Who says I don't offer money saving tips as well?

I've tried both the Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper and Sour Cream & Chive and must say the latter tastes far superior. The flavour is very intense and from that first bite you find yourself wanting more.

Having done some research, the baked pitta chips are available in the following flavours:

  • Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar
  • Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
  • Sour Cream & Chive
  • Oriental BBQ

Overall verdict, tasty and very moreish. Don't say I didn't warn you but you'll find yourself fighting with your friends over the last chip!

2 comments:

  1. Here are a few hints:
    1. check your spelling, grammar and punctuation. People hate badly written blogs.
    2. I feel that some of your blog posts have no structure - like for example you need to comment on the appearance, the packaging, first impressions and if they changed after you ate the product, would you recommend the product, would you buy it again, how readily available is the product, is it limited edition, what is the main competition and any other recommendations of the same category.

    I'm only trying to help and I welcome any feedback you have about my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the look and feel of your blog...does this reflect you?

    ReplyDelete