Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Sumo Sunday

Fear not readers, despite the fact I've probably gained a few pounds recently I have not taken up a new sport in Sumo wrestling. In fact the Sumo Sunday refers to the sushi buffet available at Yo Sushi on Sunday's. This was first made available around September last year (only on Sunday) but it wasn't until last month that I made a visit (or two) to sample the buffet.

Yo Sushi isn't new to me but I tend to only visit when there's an offer on. For someone that often eats plates into double digits this can become rather expensive! Oh how much more I must have cost my parents to raise compared to the average child?

The terms of the buffet state that it only includes plates on the belt. However, on my second visit I arrived with it approaching closing time. As a result of this I was able to order several items that I wasn't charged extra for so this is certainly worth bearing in mind.

Below are a few of my favourite items.


Gyozas


Chicken Katsu Curry


Beef Nigri

Let's be honest now, Yo Sushi isn't the most authentic Japanese restaurant around but I live in Manchester and there's a distinct lack of choice. At £18.50 for the buffet too, there are better options available if you're flexible with the type of food. Despite my harsh comments, I still made two visits last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment