Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

As Seen On TV

Howdy y'all! Don't worry I've not turned into a American, not yet anyway. Although the way I've been eating the past week I'll soon feel right at home over here. So you must be wondering where my travels have taken me to now right?

Well..... Washington is full of landmarks like Capitol Hill, The White House and the Lincoln Memorial but before exploring these sites I visited a hidden landmark. Unfortunately for me it didn't involve a mysterious adventure like something out of National Treasure. A short journey on the yellow line took us to The Original Ben's Chili Bowl as seen on Man v. Food.


As you can see from the image, it clearly states that it's a landmark and even the likes of President Obama have eaten there so it can't be bad! There's a wall of fame displaying photos of celebrities that have visited the joint, something I've noticed that is quite common over here in eateries.



I went for the Chili half smoke as it's Ben's signature dish. This consists of a half pork, half beef sausage on a hot dog bun topped with mustard, onions and their home made chili. Surprisingly the chili isn't very spicy but did taste divine, I could easily have eaten another one but the long queues deterred me from doing so.




I must add that, I've been in the States for over a week now and it's still one of the best things I've eaten so far, especially if you take value for money into account too. Forget the other landmarks, you need to start your tour of the city with a stop at Ben's Chili Bowl.




No comments:

Post a Comment