Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Pizza Expressed

I usually spend my mornings at work playing Bejeweled but this morning I felt the need to write about my eating habits over the weekend. Me and some friends had one of our regular board gaming sessions over the weekend. This was no ordinary gaming day, as they own a bread maker  I was asked to bring pizza toppings with me. Now only once have I ever made a pizza before and that was in high school. It was made first thing in the morning and I recall munching on it in lessons throughout the day. It appears as though some things haven't changed.

The bread maker churned out the dough leaving us with the difficult task of topping these bad boys. What did I put on my pizza you must be wondering? I wasn't very creative, I'm quite a simple guy. Sticking to good old pepperoni, mushrooms and onions on a cheese and tomato base. To make up for the lack of toppings, I did double stack the pepperoni as a compromise. Fully loaded is the way to go, there's no glass half empty or half full, it's overflowing! The other half of the pizza I made was topped with bacon and pineapple by a friend, another Simple Simon.

As you can see, the pizza wasn't very circular but I gave it my best shot spinning it. I have managed to find a video explaining how this is done properly. With a bit of practice they'll be calling me Mario in no time!

Before
After
Were they tasty you must be wondering? Considering I consumed one and three quarters of a pizza, the stats certainly speak for themselves (that was on top of a banquet lunch at a Thai restaurant).

Unfortunately I missed out on a chocolate and strawberry topped dessert pizza the following day but there's always next time. Feel free to submit your suggestions for pizza toppings for the next session. A live octopus pizza anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment