Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Meal Deal

There are occasions when timing is simply impeccable. Last night my cousin asked if I'd eaten dinner yet as she was offering to prepare a chicken sandwich for me. Fortunately for me I was only minutes for knocking something up myself.  Her meal may have only consisted of placing a few items in the oven but I'm still grateful for the offer. This also gave me a chance to review various new items in one go and besides, the Junk Food Connoisseur always has room for food.


Warburton's have yet another new product on the supermarket shelves. This time it's a bread based in white sliced sandwich thins. They look similar to a thinly sliced version of pitta bread.


Birds Eye Southern Fried Chicken can always be found in my freezer for unplanned chicken burger moments. They go well in a pitta, naan, panini or in this occasion sandwich thins. For those who like me who like a little spice in their life I would suggest the hot version.


The McCain Crispy French Fries are new to me, I'm not sure how long they've been around for but I've always favoured their Southern Fries or Curly Fries.


Yet another Birds Eye product, here we have a limited edition Crispy King Prawns Garlic & Herb flavour. I've never tried any of their King Prawn range so this was a first for me but a good choice for a side dish.


Here is the masterpiece in all it's glory. The southern fried chicken embedded within the sandwich thins was accompanied with a slice of melted cheddar cheese topped with mayonnaise and salad cream. The french fries were very crispy despite being oven cooked. I've tried a lot of the McCain range of frozen chips and this ranks up there as one of the best.

I usually make chicken burgers at home with panini bread but the new Warburton sandwich thins get the thumbs up from me and I'll be using these from now on. The fries are certainly worth having in your freezer but they could do with some light seasoning. It's important to space them out on the tray to ensure crispiness throughout. The crispy King Prawns were very strong in flavour but as you'd expect from frozen products, the quality of prawn will never quite match those of the fresh variety. However, they are a limited edition and based on the flavour they are a nice to have in your freezer.

There we have it, several new products at once that all get the thumbs up from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment