Pages

Friday 22 October 2010

When is enough, enough?

It's Friday and I decided to venture to the local chippy with a few of my colleagues for lunch. I'd actually decided by 9.10am this morning. Just one of the many daily decisions that I make at this time in the morning on a regular basis. However, the one decision that always seems to trouble one is actually determining what to order from the menu.

On the brisk walk to the local establishment I'd opted for fish and chips with curry sauce but was also contemplating the addition of a sausage. Now, I've read in the news this week that Mcdonald's shouldn't be to blame for obesity and that it's in fact greed. Too right, because I was still contemplating the extra sausage (now now stop giggling to yourselves) after the purchase of my fish and chips. This was still running through my mind whilst waiting my colleagues to make their purchases but I eventually returned to the office without adding to my original order.

For those that know me, I'm quite a beast when it comes to food and will devour whatever is put in front of me. However, it turned out to be a good decision not to add the sausage to my order. The question is, when you're hungry, your stomach is rumbling and you feel like you can eat a cow, exactly how much is enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment